As we approach the end of Summer and the beginning of fall, it’s time to wrap up the summer home organizational plan. We’ve tackled the Bathroom & bathroom closet, the bed room, the bedroom closet, and now we’re moving on to the final spot of the house where the entire family gathers-the kitchen.
Aside from the kitchen being the gathering point for families, it’s an active-use center: you eat there, you prepare food there, and it truly is the nexus for daily family gatherings. Hence it’s the most prone for clutter-dishes, utensils, keys, pens & paper, cookware. It can all pile up very quickly, and with the busy schedules of multiple people sharing a space, it’s can get very messy very quickly.
Here’s a quick, 15 minutes walkthrough from Personal Organizing for de-cluttering your kitchen that will help keep your home life more sane!
- Walk around with a small bin and put everything that belongs outside of your kitchen into the bin. TIP: Most of the items that wandered out of their storage spaces probably ended up on your counter top.
- Do a sweep of your counter tops, the kitchen table, and the island and put everything back into place. TIP: Is there an item that keeps ending up in the wrong spot? Try finding a more convenient storage space of for it. For example, I love to corral cooking utensils in jars, and cookbooks on lone shelf next to the oven.
- Put any appliances back into their proper storage spaces and neatly wrap their cords. TIP: If an appliance keeps ending up on your counter top, consider moving it permanently to an easier-to-reach spot in your kitchen cabinets or onto the counter top itself.
- Straighten each shelf in your refrigerator, purging old food and moving vegetables and fruits back into their proper bins. Make sure items are on the shelves by height to maximize storage space.
- Next, straighten the shelves in your kitchen cabinets and pantry by ensuring all of your jars and bottles are facing front and stacked neatly.
- Finally, grab that bin and return everything that belongs outside the kitchen back to it’s home.
Is time at a premium in your busy life? Contact Susan’s Organization Solutions today to schedule a consultation on your home organizing needs!